(The Spicy Tuna Hand Roll Challenge Redux)
1. Challenger must sign a Waiver and Release form (**This is very serious…you must understand that we call this a CHALLENGE because not everyone is capable of the punishment The Bushido Seppuku Challenge can administer…YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!).
2. Challenger must be at least 18 years of age, or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is willing to sign said waiver on their behalf. If you are under the age of 18 and your parents are willing to sign a waiver… ask yourself what you have done wrong!
3. Challenger is NOT allowed to drink milk or dip their food in white sauce, nor is he/she allowed to eat anything that may help decrease the spice level of The Challenge (i.e. no ice cream, avocadoes, or special favors will be extended to Challengers). If you are not comfortable with heat, why pretend?! Enjoy level 1, it tastes good (and has yet to cause spontaneous stomach combustion)!
4. Challenger may not substitute the rolls or ingredients for anything else we offer on our sushi menu. We at Bushido do reserve the right to substitute, superimpose, or digitally alter the picture we post on our wall for the world to see of YOU upon completion of the challenge. We are joking, though some Challengers may wish us to do so upon seeing what they look like after they finish!
5. Don’t make yourself sick! If The Bushido Seppuku Challenge’s kick is too much for your stomach to handle, you lose! Any and all progress will be null and void… Legends are not weak of stomach! Just so we are clear… you let loose before you finish, your progress will NOT be counted (i.e. if you throw up after level 7, then you may come back another time but any progress you have made prior will be forfeited)! If however, you do get sick, please use our bathroom and try to clean up after yourself. If you feel the wrath of The Challenge may get the best of you, let your server know so we can quickly usher you to a location where you will not embarrass yourself or upset the stomach of those visiting our restaurant for the delectable cuisine we are known for.
6. Challenger must eat rolls in order from 1-10 and not backwards. You may sample any level but it will not count towards your progress (**Any testing above level 5 is at your own risk! A wavier must be signed in order to sample anything level 6-10).
7. Deadline to start The Challenge is at 9:15 pm (Monday-Saturday) and 8:15 pm on Sundays. All Challengers will be allowed 1 hour to complete their journey through the ten levels of our Bushido Seppuku Challenge. All Challengers MUST have a RESERVATION!!! We want to be able to accommodate all those who believe they can prove themselves Legends. And in order to do so, we need to know when and how many will embark on their perilous journey of courage on any given day.
Those challengers who achieve the status of Legend, by enduring The Bushido Seppuku Challenge, will be rewarded for their valiant effort! After proving your merit, Legends will be bestowed upon the much coveted Bushido headband before having their picture taken. This picture will be displayed on the, “Ledger of Legends.” A Legend’s headband will entitle them to a complimentary *Chef’s Choice appetizer when they visit Bushido while wearing their headband. The headband must be proudly displayed on the Legend’s body in order to receive this ongoing reward!
*Chef’s Choice; may be subject to change without notice.